KABHA is a membership-based organization. Qualifications for membership, membership dues, and benefits are as follow:
KABHA Membership Types
The association shall have three types of members: General members, Honorary members,
and Board of Trustees.
1. General membership: Professionals interested in goals and activities of KABHA and engaged
in mental health related fields, special education, disability service agencies in the U.S., and graduate and doctoral candidate in the field of mental health
2. Honorary membership: Professionals from non-mental health areas
3. Board of Trustees:
● Senior professional members: Professionals in the mental health related fields who have
participated in managing the association and supporting a subcommittee
● Honorary members from community: Professionals from non-mental health areas who
support the association and examine budget of the Board of Trustees
All membership dues are tax deductible
● Regular membership (per year): $70
● Student membership (per year): $30
● Organization membership (per year): $250
the button above
to register/renew mebership.
1. Monthly Newsletter & Mental Health Updates
2. Member exclusive seminars
3. KABHA sponsored project opportunities
4. Eligible for the KABHA Community Project Grants (Junior members only)
5. Speaker opportunity (Paid basis)
6. Professional networking
7. Employment networking & resources
8. Referral resources
9. Research and publication support
1. Dues: All members of the association shall pay annual KABHA dues. These dues shall be paid
January 15th and June 15th. The membership year shall begin on January 1 each year and
end on December 31.
2. Attendance: All members must attend at least 2 official meetings per year.
1. Voting Right: Each member in good standing is entitled to one vote on each matter submitted
to a vote by the members at the Association meeting. A member shall be considered in
favorable standing if the requisite dues owed by that member have been paid in full. At any
meeting of the members of the Association the presence of at least five members in person
shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for all purposes except as otherwise provided by
2. Limitation: The Advisory Board of Directors and Associate members do not have a voting right.
Member’s Rights and Limits