WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE!
About Korean American Behavioral Health Association (KABHA)
KOREAN AMERICAN BEHAVIORAL
Thank you for visiting Korean American Behavioral Health Association (KABHA) website. KABHA is a volunteer based non-profit organization of multidisciplinary professionals who work in behavioral health related field including mental health and special education. Founded in 2001 by mental health professionals, KABHA changes social perception regarding mental health and disabilities of Korean community and promotes improved treatment and education. Over the last decades, KABHA has outreached not only the Korean community but also other ethnic communities by providing free workshops, media campaigns and research on various behavioral health issues, family support groups, free consultations and referrals, and continuing education to mental health professionals and special educators.
KABHA’s Community Activity Achievement
● Research on depression and school
violence among Koreans
● Research and lecture on suicide
● Presentation on study of acculturation of
Korean immigrants residing in NY,
discrimination, and symptoms of depression
● Conference on addiction prevention
● Radio Korea, Catholic broadcasting, and
TKC mental health campaign
● Gatekeeper training project
● Education workshop and service
conference for parents of children with
Current KABHA Community Programs
● Mental health campaign and workshops for
● Education and support program for parents of
children with developmental disabilities
● Sexuality education and sexual abuse
● Research project on the satisfaction of special education
● Mental Health Community Resource Booklet
● Connected activity with professionals in the
field of mental health and developmental
KABHA X Ji Hyun Ryu, Esq.
VISA SEMINAR & NETWORKING
Click the RSVP link below to see the detailed information with flyers. The workshop will be conducted in Korean.
Date/Time: April 6, 2019, Saturday, 4 pm- 6 pm EST
Location: NYU Kimball Hall Lobby, 246 Greene St, NY 10003
The workshop will be followed by the Social networking event.
(Limited to 20 guests)
Date/Time: April 6, 2019, Saturday, 6 pm- 8 pm EST
Location: West 3rd Common (1 West 3rd St, New York, NY 10012)
SHOP AMAZON and SUPPORT KABHA